The Lisbon MBA and Turismo de Portugal jointly launched a worldwide Tourism Innovation Competition – prize at stake is €10,000 or a €18,000 scholarship.
The Lisbon MBA and Turismo de Portugal jointly launched a worldwide competition of ideas and technology – the Tourism Innovation Competition – which will reward the most innovative solution to measure the behavior of tourists in the countries and / or cities they visit. The competition aims to help design the behavior of tourists and simultaneously promote innovation, entrepreneurship and knowledge sharing in the tourism sector, taking into consideration that the identity of The Lisbon MBA is also based on these three characteristics.
The winning idea will receive a prize of €10,000 or a €18,000 scholarship for the The Lisbon MBA. The other two finalists will receive €2,000 each. The three finalists will be invited to present their ideas at a conference, which will be held in Lisbon in September.
Items of Interest:
- Innovative methods or strategies that enable the collection and systematization of valuable information for the different stakeholders to work in tourism.
- Tools that enable the measurement, and the use of innovative mechanisms such as crowdsourcing and data mining of social networks, mobile devices or telecommunications operators to enable the collection and analysis of that information.
The Tourism Innovation Competition includes the following phases:
- From June 2nd to August 31st 2015: Reception of proposals.
- From September 1st to September 5th, 2015: Election of three winning proposals and exclusion of those who do not comply with the Regulation.
- September 18th: Presentation of the proposals at an international conference in Lisbon, where the winner will be announced and the prizes delivered.
Apply Here: http://www.thelisbonmba.com/events/?event_type=contest
Additional Regulations: English, Portuguese