Target Group: Women students of all nationalities are eligible for these fellowships.
In addition to the financial support provided through fellowships awarded by Forté member schools, fellows gain exposure to leading companies in the Forté network. You also gain an immediate network of peers from your fellows that extends beyond your business school. Here are some additional ways you will benefit from being a part of the Forté community:
Additional Fellow Benefits:
- Participation in the Annual MBA Women’s Conference and the Financial Services FAST Track Conference, including networking opportunities with lead executives and with MBA students from sponsor schools, along with panel discussions and workshops that foster professional and personal development.
- Inclusion in the Forté-specific resume book, which is distributed each fall to Forté sponsor companies.
- Inclusion in the Forté fellow list, through which you can stay connected with first- and second-year Forté Fellows at member schools.
- Access to the fellow section of the Forté website and the Fellow Facebook group
- Free annual Premium Membership ($50 value annually)
- Mentoring by Forté school representatives from your school.
- Special meeting opportunities with your school’s deans (e.g., Forté lunch).
- Leadership development opportunities via your role in planning your school’s Forté outreach program to undergraduate women.
- A lifelong connection with the Forté Foundation community.
The following are guidelines used by admissions directors to select admitted MBA candidates for the Forté Fellowship:
- Candidates should exhibit exemplary leadership in one or more ways: academic leadership, team leadership, community leadership, creative leadership.
- Candidates who represent diverse educational and work backgrounds, career goals, ethnicities, and citizenship.
- Candidates who have already demonstrated a commitment to women and girls via personal mentorships and/or community involvement.
If you would like to be considered for a fellowship, you must submit an MBA application to a participating school. The schools’ admissions directors decide who will represent their schools as Forté Fellows. No other application information is required by the Foundation.
• Student applies to Forté sponsor school.
• Student receives offer of acceptance into Forté sponsor school’s MBA Program.
• Student receives consideration for all scholarship opportunities available through that institution.
• Student is selected for Forté Fellowship based on competitive process at institution.
• Sponsor school notifies Forté Foundation of its selections.
Some Prominent Participating Schools:
The following lists a few of the numerous schools that currently offer a fellowship:
- Women Fellowship at London Business School
- Women Fellowship at Wharton Business School
- Forte Fellowship for Women at MIT Sloan
- Forté Foundation MBA Fellowships for Women at Insead
- Forté Foundation Scholarship at Kellogg School of Management
Website: Forte Foundation
Average Work Experience Years: 4.71
Average GMAT Score: 701
Average GPA: 3.60
Amount of Funds Disbursed to date: $68 Million
Number of Awardees: > 3,000