Funder: Government of Japan
Programme: Full-time MBA
Scholarship Value: Full tuition for first year, renewable for second year, plus
- a monthly subsistence and housing allowance
- an allowance for books and instructional materials
- medical insurance
- travel expenses
All full-time non-resident candidates from an ADB borrowing country (link to LIST) who:
- Gained admission to an approved MA/PhD course at an academic institution*.
- A bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with superior academic record.
- At least two (2) years of full-time professional working experience (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application. Proficiency in oral and written English communication skills to be able to pursue studies.
- Not more than 35 years old at the time of application. In exceptional cases, for programs which are appropriate for senior officials and managers, the age limit is 45 years old.
- In good health.
- Executive Directors, Alternate Directors, management and staff of ADB, consultants, and relatives of the aforementioned are not eligible for the Scholarship.
- Staff of the JSP designated institutions are not eligible to apply to their own institution.
- Applicants living or working in a country other than his/her home country are not eligible for scholarships.
- ADB-JSP does not support applicants who are already enrolled in graduate degree programs.
- Scholars are expected to contribute to the economic and social development of their home countries upon completion of their studies.
*list of approved institutions HERE
Candidates will be selected based on their qualifications, with preference given to women and those will financial need, as well as:
- Priority to the ranking, or order of merit, proposed by the DIs.
- Diversification of nationality in the overall Program as well as at each DI level will be considered.
- The Program encourages studies in line with core areas of ADB’s Strategy 2020, which address poverty reduction through infrastructure, environment, regional cooperation and integration, finance sector development, and education. Strategy 2020, ADB’s long-term strategy, sets ADB’s strategic course for its operations to the year 2020.
Candidates must request information and application forms from ADB and will be requred to submit the following:
- Completed application.
- Latest Income Tax Return or Certification of their Annual Salary/Monthly Salary.
- Certification of Family Income (Parent’s Income).
- Complete a school-supplied application that includes several essay questions, plus submit a resume that outlines any leadership roles held in activities at school or community service organizations.
→ varies with school (6 months prior to start of classes)